Saturday, February 14, 2015

Poem: Leftover Brownies on Valentine's Day

Leftover Brownies on Valentine's Day
by Victor Rook


I made them this week
Just two days ago
To fill that lone need
For chocolate, you know

I buttered the pan
And stirred up the mix
Then poured it all in
Without any licks

There they would bake
And there they would rise
A dozen I'd make
Each one a surprise

And now it's that day
When true lovers meet
To share how they feel
Then turn up the heat

But I have not one
So I sit all alone
With no one to touch
And no one to phone

No flowers to send
No diamonds to buy
Yet it's still good
For I'm just a guy

Who makes his own fun
With whatever I got
No need to worry
Good friends mean a lot

A movie or book
Is what I will find
To end this great day
To let it unwind

So don't you be sad
There's no need to be
'Cause what this all means
Is more brownies for me

Subscribe to my Blog for new posts.

No comments :

Post a Comment