It's been 8 months of writing, filming, and editing, and my Suburban Woods documentary is almost completed. Almost in the sense that I've covered three of the four seasons, but I still have fall and early winter to tackle. I need to see how the animals fare from October through January.
Each day tells a story about what it's like for these creatures to exist, and co-exist, within such a small natural environment. Here is a still shot from a video of a raccoon and fox meeting up along the creek at night. They were well-behaved and went their separate ways.
About a month ago one of the cameras was not reachable through the wi-fi interface. Turned out a colony of ants had found its way inside. The camera is now back in service.I am aiming for about 40-45 minutes as the final length for the documentary. About 32 minutes has already been edited, including two noteworthy pieces near the end that cover threats and solutions. I don't think a documentary would be useful if it didn't offer helpful advice in some manner.
Right now, all four cameras are being repositioned again for more varied shots. I look forward to the beauty of the fall colors and leaves dropping. With my 4K camera and drone, I will be able to add to the trail camera footage with breathtaking color and movement.
Follow the Suburban Woods Facebook page for updates at https://facebook.com/suburbanwoods.
Subscribe to my Blog for new posts.


No comments :
Post a Comment